Are you dreaming of embarking on a magical adventure on the high seas? Look no further than a San Diego Disney Cruise! This year and beyond, Disney Cruise Line will offer unforgettable voyages departing from this stunning West Coast city. A Disney Cruise Line vacation is the perfect getaway, and these Disney Cruises from San Diego cannot be beat.
Current Disney Cruises from San Diego
• 3-Night Baja Disney Cruise (Disney Wonder from San Diego, CA – Catalina Island, Ensenada)
2024 SAIL DATES: Apr 11, 18 • May 2
2025 SAIL DATES: Mar 14, 28 • Apr 4, 11, 18 • May 2, 5
• 4-Night Baja Disney Cruise (Disney Wonder from San Diego, CA – Catalina Island, Ensenada)
2024 SAIL DATES: Mar 15, 19, 30 • Apr 3, 7, 14, 28 • May 5
2025 SAIL DATES: Mar 10, 17, 31 • Apr 7, 14, 21
• 7-Night Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise (Disney Wonder from San Diego, CA – Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan/Ensenada and Puerto Vallarta)
2024 SAIL DATES: Mar 23 • Apr 21
2025 SAIL DATES: Mar 21 • Apr 25
Pacific Coast Cruises
• 4-Night Pacific Coast Disney Cruise (Disney Wonder from Vancouver to San Diego)
2024 SAIL DATE: Mar 11
2025 SAIL DATE: Mar 5
• 4-Night Pacific Coast Disney Cruise (Disney Wonder from San Diego to Vancouver)
2024 SAIL DATE: May 9
2025 SAIL DATE: May 8
When new Disney Wonder sailings from San Diego are announced, we will update the list. Expect to see more 3-night cruises, 4-night cruises and 7-night cruises from San Diego in the future. We may even see a larger Disney ship such as the Disney Fantasy or Disney Dream come to the West Coast in a few years.
West Coast Disney Cruises
For years, Disney Cruise Line has offered limited cruises from Southern California. In previous years, the Disney Wonder would sail through the Panama Canal, spend a week or two in Southern California then sail up the California Coast with stops in San Francisco or Seattle to spend the Summer in Alaska. It would then stop again for a week or two in the Fall before heading to the East Coast for the Winter. With the expansion of the Disney Cruise Line to 7 Disney ships (the 6th ship will launch in late 2024 and the 7th sometime in 2025), there are more ships to go around, and Disney Cruise Line has started to keep a ship on the West Coast longer, and hopefully, one will be there year round soon. Not all Disney Cruises can sail from Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale. Fortunately, Disney Cruise Lines has focused on San Diego the last few years as their home port for West Coast cruisers. For years, they sailed out of Long Beach, near Los Angeles, but it wasn’t an easy cruise terminal to get to.
Last year, Disney Cruise Line announced the Disney Adventure, a new cruise ship purchase by Disney from a defaulted Chinese cruise company. The Disney Adventure will set sail in 2025, though exact dates and itineraries have not been announced yet. The ship will sail from Singapore in her inaugural season, serving the Southeast Asian market year-round. While the exact sailing itineraries and ports of call are not yet confirmed, it is expected that the Disney Adventure will travel throughout Southeast Asia, with possible destinations including Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Australia, and New Zealand
In 2024 and 2025, Disney Cruise line will send a ship from the US to sail to New Zealand and Australia, as a primer for when the Adventure starts sailing. These itineraries to the South Pacific have cut down on the number of San Diego cruises available. We expect, starting in 2026, there will be quite a few more San Diego Disney Cruises made available.
Booking Your Disney Cruise from San Diego
When it comes to booking your Disney Cruise from San Diego, the first step is finding a travel agent you trust. There are a lot of travel agents, if you haven’t noticed. While you can technically book a Disney Cruise by yourself online, why bother? A travel agent can help you find the right cruise, the right room and everything else for no additional cost. By law, you can represent yourself in court, but only crazy people do that. Why would you represent yourself when booking a Disney Cruise?
Why Tiki Room Travel?
First off, we have been on all the ships, and will be some of the first to sail on the new Disney Treasure. We have sailed with little kids, big extended families, teens and just adult only cruises. We have sailed in Alaska, Mexico, the Caribbean Europe and the South Pacific. If you are thinking of a Disney Cruise, it is likely we have done exactly what you want to do. We have been on that ship, eaten at that restaurants, cruised to that port. We have the experience that you might not have.
Some additional things to know about Tiki Room Travel.
• We never charge a fee (never ever)
• We often save you considerable money over doing it yourself
• We are Disney experts, and are always happy to share our knowledge
• We are fast, efficient and super friendly
Once you have decided on Tiki Room Travel as your Disney Cruise Travel Agent, the next step is to find the right cruise.
Choosing the Right Cruise
As you can see from the list above, there are a few different options from the Port of San Diego. In future years, there will be more options as well. For 2024 and 2025, there are options from Vancouver that sail to Hawaii and then on to New Zealand and Australia. I hope we see those cruises depart from San Diego soon.
Three and Four night Disney Cruises are great for first time cruisers. It gives you a chance to get to know the Disney ship and restaurants, to get your feet wet, so to say. While the destinations are not spectacular (typically Catalina Island and Ensenada), the idea is to get on the boat and find out what it is all about.
The longer cruises are my preference. A 7-night Cruise will give you time to explore the ship, plus enjoy the incredible ports that a longer cruise can sail to. From San Diego, the Mexican Riviera cruises will sail to Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. If you can do a longer cruise, they are just so much better.
Disney Wonder Staterooms
The Disney Wonder, the ship currently sailing from San Diego, offers a variety of stateroom types designed to accommodate the needs and preferences of its guests, from individuals and couples to large families. The main categories of staterooms on the Disney Wonder ship include:
- Inside Staterooms: These are the most economical options, providing cozy accommodations without a window or porthole. They are well-appointed with all the standard amenities, including a bathroom, bed, and entertainment system. Inside staterooms will sleep up to 4.
- Oceanview Staterooms: Offering a view of the ocean through one or more portholes or a large window, Oceanview Staterooms provide a bit more space and the added benefit of natural light. Ocean view staterooms will sleep up to 4 or 5, depending on the category of stateroom.
- Verandah Staterooms: These rooms feature a private balcony (verandah) where guests can enjoy their own outdoor space with seating to take in the ocean views. Verandah Staterooms are popular for those wanting to experience the sea breeze and easy access to outdoor viewing. Verandah staterooms will sleep up to 4 or 5, depending on the category of stateroom. Look for the word “Family” if you need a stateroom that will sleep 5, or just want a little extra room.
- Concierge Staterooms: For a more luxurious experience, Concierge Staterooms offer more spacious accommodations and enhanced amenities. Guests in these rooms have access to concierge services, including assistance with dining and shore excursion reservations. This category includes suites with separate living and sleeping areas, as well as larger balconies. Capacity on concierge staterooms differs as there are a few different kind of rooms, from standard verandah rooms with concierge access to 2-bedroom suites.
Each stateroom category is designed with Disney’s signature storytelling and attention to detail, ensuring a comfortable and magical stay for guests of all ages. Amenities typically include a television, refrigerator, ample storage space, and a bathroom with a bathtub in most staterooms, catering to families with small children. The ship’s staterooms are designed to maximize space and provide a comfortable retreat after a day of activities and entertainment.
Understanding the Booking Process
Booking your Disney Cruise is a breeze. Just contact your friendly Tiki Room Travel agent.
Typically, you are able to book your cruise with about 20% down. The balance will be due roughly 90 days before your cruise, though this varies depending on the length of the cruise and your stateroom. Your Tiki Room Travel agent will let you know exact dates at the time of booking.
Once your reservation is confirmed, the excitement begins to build. Start planning your days at sea and ashore, exploring the various activities and entertainment options available onboard. From character meet and greets to Broadway-style shows, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Preparing for Your Disney Cruise
To ensure a seamless and memorable vacation, it’s essential to prepare adequately before you embark on your Disney cruise.
Embarking on a Disney cruise is like stepping into a world of magic and wonder. The anticipation builds as you imagine all the incredible experiences that await you. But before you set sail, there are a few things you need to know to make the most of your adventure. Sailing with Disney is something you will remember for the rest of your life. The ship, the entertainment, the cast members are all fantastic.
What to Pack for a Disney Cruise
Packing for a Disney cruise is an exciting part of the journey. Remember to pack essentials such as comfortable clothing, swimwear, and sunscreen. But don’t stop there! Let your imagination run wild and pack costumes for themed parties, as Disney cruises are known for their magical celebrations and character meet and greets.
Imagine yourself dressed as a swashbuckling pirate, ready to join Captain Jack Sparrow in search of hidden treasures. Or perhaps you’d prefer to don a princess gown and twirl around the dance floor with your favorite Disney princess. The possibilities are endless, and the memories you’ll create will be truly unforgettable.
And let’s not forget about the formal evenings onboard. Pack your finest attire and get ready to dazzle everyone with your elegance and style. As you step into the grand ballroom, you’ll feel like royalty, surrounded by the enchantment that only Disney can provide.
Onboard Experiences on Disney Cruises
Once you’re on board, get ready for an array of extraordinary experiences that will create memories to last a lifetime.
Dining Options on Disney Cruises
Disney Cruise Ships are renowned for their exceptional culinary offerings. Indulge in a variety of cuisines at the ship’s numerous dining venues, including upscale restaurants, casual buffets, and quick-service options. From mouthwatering seafood to delectable desserts, you’re sure to find something to satisfy every craving.
The Disney Wonder features a unique dining concept known as rotational dining. This concept allows guests to rotate through three main themed restaurants throughout their cruise, enjoying a different dining atmosphere each night while their service team follows them.
- Triton’s: This is an upscale, yet family-friendly, restaurant themed around the Disney film “The Little Mermaid.” Triton’s offers a French-inspired menu and is known for its elegant underwater décor, complete with Ariel’s father, King Triton, as a focal point.
- Animator’s Palate: Animator’s Palate is a signature restaurant across the Disney Cruise Line fleet and is celebrated for its unique concept that brings Disney animation into the dining experience. The restaurant features a dinner show that includes interactive elements with characters from Disney and Pixar films. The walls are adorned with character sketches and animation-themed decor, and the screens around the room come to life during the meal.
- Tiana’s Place: Inspired by the Disney movie “The Princess and the Frog,” Tiana’s Place offers a vibrant New Orleans-themed dining experience, complete with a menu influenced by Cajun and Creole cuisine. The restaurant aims to capture the warmth and charm of the film’s setting, with live music and entertainment that evokes the spirit of Mardi Gras.
These restaurants provide not just meals, but immersive experiences that reflect the storytelling and attention to detail for which Disney is known. The rotational dining system ensures that guests get to experience the unique ambiance and menu of each main dining rooms at least once during their cruise, making every dinner a special event.
Entertainment and Activities for All Ages
From the youngest seafarers to the young at heart, Disney Cruises offers entertainment and activities for everyone in the family.
Younger guests can participate in age-specific, supervised youth clubs, where they can play games, engage in arts and crafts, and interact with favorite Disney characters. The Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab are perfect spaces for little ones to unleash their imagination and make new friends.
For teenagers, there are dedicated hangout areas where they can socialize, watch movies, play video games, and even enjoy their own dance parties.
Adults can escape to tranquil spaces designed exclusively for them. Whether you want to pamper yourself at the spa, listen to live jazz music, relax at the adult-only pool, or enjoy a refreshing cocktail in a sophisticated lounge, Disney Cruises caters to adult guests with unparalleled offerings.
Nightly in the Walt Disney Theater, there are Broadway-caliber shows and family-friendly entertainment. Do not miss these live shows, they are Disney Cruise at its best.
Ports of Call on Disney Cruises from San Diego
When you sail on a Disney Cruise from San Diego, you’ll have the opportunity to explore breathtaking destinations along the Mexican Riviera.
Exploring Mexican Destinations
Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Mexico’s coastal cities. From the picturesque beaches of Puerto Vallarta to the rich history and captivating architecture of Mazatlán, each port of call offers unique experiences waiting to be discovered.
- Cabo San Lucas: Known for its stunning rock formations like El Arco, beautiful beaches, and vibrant nightlife, Cabo San Lucas is a popular stop. Activities often include water sports, fishing, and beach relaxation.
- Puerto Vallarta: This charming town offers a blend of traditional Mexican culture and modern amenities. Visitors can explore the cobblestone streets, beautiful churches, and the famous Malecón boardwalk with its sculptures and ocean views.
- Mazatlán: Often referred to as the “Pearl of the Pacific,” Mazatlán has long stretches of beaches, a historic town center, and the iconic lighthouse, El Faro. The city’s old town, Centro Histórico, is known for its vibrant architecture and cultural activities.
- Ensenada: Located on the Baja Peninsula, Ensenada is known for its local wineries, the La Bufadora marine geyser, and fresh seafood. It’s a great place for shopping, tasting local cuisine, and exploring the surrounding wine country.
Experience thrilling water activities, explore ancient ruins, or simply relax and soak up the sun on pristine sandy beaches. Whether you’re seeking adventure or tranquility, the Mexican Riviera has something for everyone.
Shore Excursions and Adventures
Enhance your Disney cruise experience with exciting shore excursions. Swim with dolphins, go snorkeling in vibrant coral reefs, or embark on a jungle adventure. Disney Cruise Line offers a wide range of excursions suitable for all ages and interests, ensuring you make the most of your time in each port.
Remember to book your shore excursions in advance, as popular activities can fill up quickly. It’s a great opportunity to create lifelong memories and experience the wonders of each destination.
Get ready to embark on a magical journey like no other with Disney Cruises from San Diego. With thrilling onboard experiences, captivating destinations, and unparalleled service, your adventure awaits!
Things to do in San Diego
San Diego is a vibrant city with a rich cultural heritage, beautiful landscapes, and a plethora of attractions suitable for all ages. If you’re in San Diego before embarking on a cruise, here are some activities and places to explore:
- Visit Balboa Park: As mentioned earlier, Balboa Park is a cultural hub with numerous museums, gardens, and the San Diego Zoo. Spend a day exploring the park’s attractions, enjoying the architecture, and relaxing in its beautiful gardens.
- Explore the USS Midway Museum: Located at Navy Pier, this historic aircraft carrier turned museum offers a fascinating glimpse into naval aviation history. You can explore the flight deck, aircraft, and living quarters of the USS Midway.
- Stroll around Seaport Village: This waterfront shopping and dining complex offers a relaxed atmosphere with unique shops, restaurants, and beautiful views of the San Diego Bay. It’s a great place for a leisurely walk or to grab a bite before your cruise.
- Enjoy the beaches: San Diego is famous for its beautiful beaches. Whether you prefer the bustling scene at Mission Beach, the surf at Pacific Beach, or the family-friendly La Jolla Shores, there’s a beach for every type of traveler.
- Take a Harbor Cruise: Get a preview of the maritime beauty you’ll enjoy on your cruise by taking a short harbor cruise. These tours offer stunning views of the San Diego skyline, the Coronado Bridge, and the naval base.
- Visit Coronado Island: Take the ferry or drive across the Coronado Bridge to explore Coronado Island. The island is home to the iconic Hotel del Coronado, beautiful beaches, and quaint shops.
- Explore the Gaslamp Quarter: Known for its Victorian-era buildings, the Gaslamp Quarter is the heart of San Diego’s nightlife with numerous restaurants, bars, and clubs. It’s a great place to enjoy a meal or simply walk around and soak in the atmosphere.
- Tour the San Diego Museum of Art: For art enthusiasts, the San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park offers a rich collection ranging from Renaissance to modern art.
- Walk through the Japanese Friendship Garden: Also located in Balboa Park, this garden is a serene place to walk and enjoy traditional Japanese garden landscaping.
- Visit Old Town San Diego State Historic Park: This park offers a glimpse into San Diego’s early days, with historic buildings, museums, and Mexican markets. It’s a great place to learn about the local history and culture.
These activities offer a taste of what San Diego has to offer, providing a memorable experience before you set sail on your cruise.
Getting to San Diego Cruise Port
The Disney Cruise currently sails from the B Street Pier in San Diego.
B Street Cruise Terminal
1140 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
There is no parking available directly at the Pier. There are several parking options with shuttles located within a mile or two of the pier, and parking runs about $10 – $12 per day depending on the lot. The easiest parking is at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside, which is across the street from the pier. The parking there is more expensive (usually around $30 per day) but convenience costs.
If you are flying to San Diego for your Disney Cruise, consider using Uber or Lyft to get you from the airport to the pier. It is less than 10 minutes away.
Enjoy your Disney Cruise from San Diego
We hope you enjoy your Disney Cruise from San Diego. It is a beautiful city and offers amazing Disney cruises.